Translate

Saturday 24 January 2015

How I see France 
24/1/15 Getigne 35km from Nantes 


I have travel very little in my life. To go fast on motorbike it is not a deal. Motorways, cheap accommodation and Mcdonalds are everywhere and this is not always an attraction. I was luck enough to meet Dan an Irish man and his wife Annie - hard working French lady. With all my skills they let me come to their house  and help them there. There is few animals here. River is across the garden and with all wood around makes this amazing place for living. 
Sophie stays in the house - youngest daughter of Dan and Annie, she study in Nantes and today she will make french desert as I do my polish Bigos. French know it  as a Choucroute- kind of meet and sour cabbage stew. The people seemingly like this house and I have chance to see more than 20 new people in last 2 weeks. They all would like sit at the table either just for a drinks and snack or for long - talk and eat dinner. Yesterday for example I have meet Loic and Eva. They kindly lend me their own welding machine as I need make proper front luggage mounting for Yamaha. They moved from Paris to village few years ago and now they are look after a farm. Today I have seen their 3 day old - shaky leg new born sheep. So people are coming visit here most of the days of the week. 

I’m around in the center of Musacadet area. Today Dan took me to the Stephane and Vincent local vineyard - Domaine des Cognettes. They are sixth generations of vine making in here. They make all sort of vine from Melon Bourgogne grapes. This is very unique grape and the wine is dry. Seemingly taste is similar to some white vines I tried from Bulgaria, Romania and Hungary, but please forgive me for my unprofessionalism. Vine doesn’t need good soil to grow, need good weather, and a lot of work. Two brothers running this vineyards look like they literally grown form the vineyards soil. 


3 days old




No comments:

Post a Comment