Translate

Friday 3 April 2015

Morocco - Mauritania - Senegal

03.04.15 Camping Palava 7 - St. Louis - Senegal 9041km

Crossing Morocco - Mauritania Border was hell. I spent 45 minutes on Marocco site and I only had problem with my map, that was not politically correct and it still have Western Sahara mark as the country. After very exiting "chat" with officer and my explanation that I'm heading south to Mauritania - map was given to me and the gate was open. what my I seen was far from any kind of civilization - moon countryside and wreckage  of many cars, left here with different reasons. I had to climb up and down on very uneven surface - rock - ''road'' to get to Mauritania. the other side was just a joke - nothing I seen before in my life - Police haven't any appearance and behavior. Custom was closed so I had to sleep in my tent outside the post. without little sleep as my leg was causing me a problems whole night - I woke up and smoke cigarets - as I normally wasn't smoking. It took me another 6-7 hours to get all document done. I have paid something around 45 euro more than I supposedly pay.  Slowly and painfully I moved towards the gate and than arrived in Nouadhibou

Nouadhibou was a good spot and I stayed in some camping - below average with own room and motorbike secured. I there I meet Alex and Shamoon two motorbikers on the their XT 600, I have borrowed them mine starter solenoid, just to make their machine running.

I after few days of rest my leg was healed and I rode around 500km to Nouakchott where I spent next days finding oil with normal price - stayed in Auberge Sahara - very recommended place, I stroked my clutch and put new parts with new oil and filter, Next day me and my Yamaha friends - they came back last night - we rode to Rosso Border - witch is known as the worst crossing in Africa - corruption. this time we had some contacts and we paid very little for "help" to cross - we
were done in 3-4 hours and stayed for that night in St Louis - Senegal

I am in Palava 7 camping now, best bathroom in whole Western Africa so far  ( http://7palava.com ).
Tomorrow I should move further down south, reach Dakar
See you next time.
On the way to Nouakchott 

Nouakchott fishermans

Nouakchott - Auberge Sahara 


Rosso - Mauritania - Senegal Border 
St Louis Senegal 
St Lois Senegal 
Palava 7 - Camping 15 km south from St Louis Senegal 

2 comments: