Translate

Thursday 30 March 2017

Argentina from snow to the sun



Entering Argentina

Snow 



From the heat of pacific coast of Chile than burned by the fire, to colder and colder Ands, roads was climbing up.



climbing Andes on Chilean side

Wet rain than snow hits first just before border, but unusual views were compensating lost and mood was uplifted time by time.








 At some point me and my Italian Friend reached last 30 km from the border to Argentina.  This was the highest point of the mountains. Something slightly over 3k altitude, Carburetors were okay it feels bit sluggish but my most concern was freezing cold and wet.  Heavy snow starts.

We basically stooped as we couldn't ride any more . It was quite cloudy afternoon as well.
how ever snow, was bad new it reminds me where I am from - Poland and and all this snow drops brought me smile

Argentina border


We stooped at some kind of cafe or restaurant for defrost for around 45 minutes - and my memory went back to Russian cafes where i stoped every so often. Here most people were asking and paying for boiled water for mate  tea.






I was happy and sad at same time



Crossing border - it wasn't bad as African borders. we waited for some time than we started descent and air start warming - but rains was continue and no clothes for change/


It was getting darker and we decided to stop in first city, there was proper camp with some toilets and showers.













Me and Claudio pitched tents and shared some food, I really felt happy I had his company today, as going thought this all journey with fire and snow wasn't easy task.

Conversation with him was poor as language barrier was big, but we were both really moved how the day went, so we could use single words. this evening was true celebration






 I put my last saved semi dry clothes on me.
Rest of wet clothes i spread  in the shower house.




Hot shower wasn't working. It would be nice after all this cold passage, But I was enough happy to have this evening. Amazing was that: in Morocco, on begin of my travel, was  last time when  paid for the camping



In the moring Claudio left earlier to head south I wished him safe journey. 


I stay till late in city having good lunch. Surprisingly I  meet some Argentinians with Polish surnames. It was very warm how many of them there, there is estimate 500.000 Polish Argentinians by polish descents


That's why Argentina was so friendly for me,





I was heading to the long awaited Atlantic ocean - I  didn't know that my travel will take me further than geographical dimension.












No comments:

Post a Comment